Saturday, October 6, 2007

This Week Stinks--Literally!

So, I haven't blogged since Tuesday. Mainly because the rest of my week consisted of cleaning up poop. I'm quite certain Rowan has rotavirus which is basically vomiting for several days followed by up to 8 days of extreme, terribly smelly diarrhea. So, I guess we're on day 5 and still going strong. I could go on and on about the amount of cleaning I have done or the number of outfits Rowan had to be changed into that day, but that's pretty much the extent what we have accomplished this week. I am praying Rowan will get better soon as we hope to leave for Hilton Head next Friday night!

Today I needed a break so I went to a friend's house and learned how to make bows for Rowan's hair. I'm not sure if it's a southern thing or not, but it seems all little girls here love to wear hairbows. So, I learned to make my own. Rowan likes the idea of bows, but rarely will leave one in. When I got back from the "bow party" Rowan tried on each bow and immediately pulled them out of her hair. There were a few days she seemed pretty into them, but I'm now thinking she was just too sick to put up a fight. In any case, much to Lance's chagrin, I may just have to go out and buy a glue gun and some supplies to make darling bows--whether she wears them or not!

Since Rowan was up at (gasp) 5:30 this morning, Lance and I are going to settle in for a little junk food and some TV before an early bedtime.

No comments: