Friday, October 19, 2007

Fire Ants

This morning we woke up to cloudy skies and the threat of rain so we all stayed inside and played for a while before heading to the mall playland. Lily and Rowan had a great time running around for a while. After Rowan's nap I decided to ignore the ominous dark clouds and suit up for some beach time. There were a few short minutes of undetectable sprinkles, but Rowan and I had fun digging in the sand and splashing in the waves nonetheless. We took a shower when we got inside and then Rowan started having a major meltdown. Despite her bad mood, we decided to head out for some quick Mexican food and Rowan ate so quickly. I'm assuming now her previous meltdown had much to do with hunger.

On another note, I noticed Rowan had many blistery looking bites on her foot and leg and realized she must have stood in a fire ant nest, possibly when we were out taking pictures. They look very painful and, I must say, this is one time I'm pretty glad that Rowan is so busy she doesn't seem to notice the obvious.

Tomorrow morning Matt leaves (early) and the grandmas and Aunt Michelle arrive (late). Not sure what we'll do during the day, but I'm excited for a little relief!

No comments: