Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Minivan Madness

With our Hilton Head trip approaching, we are on a frantic search for a minivan. It seems we've been looking forever and I really wish we had just bought the first one that had the features we wanted--just to have it all over. Way too much free time has been spent looking for cars. If everything works out, though, I think we'll buy one tomorrow. Key words being "If everything works out". It just seems as though, in the past, not everything has worked out. So, we will see.

Speaking of cars, as I get even nearer to my 30th birthday, I realized that I needed to renew my driver's license. So, Rowan and I got to spend a little time at the DMV today. Fortunately the line wasn't as bad as it could've been and I passed the test quickly and easily. But I really should have thought about the fact that the DMV doesn't take debit or credit cards. So, after all that, I had to leave, find an ATM and head back. Thankfully I didn't have to wait in line again. But I did get an extreme close-up for a driver's license picture! And my Bell's Palsey crooked smile was quite evident.

More exciting than the prospect of potentially becoming a minivan owner is that tomorrow is also Rowan's 18-month birthday. I can't believe my little girl will be one and a half! She is getting so big and is so much fun. Tomorrow is also Isaac's first birthday and Wyatt will be 6 months old. Quite interesting that my college roommates and I all had babies 6 months apart from each other. Rowan was born April 10, 2006; Isaac was born October 10, 2006; Wyatt was born April 10, 2007. God was helping me out by making these things so easy to remember.

Also newsworthy for our family is Lance's upcoming job interview. After a long phone interview, Lance got a call that Hope College would like to interview him further. So, while I am in Hilton Head with all of the girls, Lance will fly up to Michigan for a day and have a 3 hour interview--including 45 minutes with the Hope president. He'll also get to quickly see his parents and also his sister and Hope and Grace, who will be visiting at the same time.

Rowan seems to be on the mend. I was able to spend some time with my friend Stacy and get my haircut yesterday and went to the moms group at church today. Just as things are getting back to normal, I'll be leaving for 2 weeks. Hopefully Rowan will transition into "vacation mode" as quickly as I!

I'm sure the next few days will be a frantic packing extravaganza...

No comments: