Monday, October 29, 2007

Just the Two of Us

Today Rowan and I went to a Halloween party. Since it was an outdoor party and it was, surprisingly, chilly, Rowan wore her Piglet costume, the warmer of her two. She was quite adorable running around and playing with her big costume on. The party didn't last too long and then we were at home, playing with Little People and walking around looking at leaves and putting sticks in a large pile. She likes to call the larger leaves and sticks "mommy" and the small ones "baby".

Lately I've been thinking about all of the time Rowan and I spend together, just the two of us. And when I feel the little flutters in my tummy I realize our "just the two of us" time is almost over. I can't wait to meet little Sprout and I can't wait for Rowan to be a big sister, but I think we will both miss our one-on-one time. The last time I went to Dr, Meek, she said "The spacing between your kids will be great. Rowan won't even remember being an only child." Of course she said this so that I would feel good, but it made me really sad to think that Rowan won't remember all of the things about life "just the two of us". Our long walks, our cuddly time in bed, me chasing Rowan all over the house, playing with stickers, swimming, gymnastics class. These are all things I will remember forever and Rowan will remember for a few weeks or so. So, Rowan, I hope we will make many amazingly wonderful memories with your new baby brother or sister and even though you might not remember the time it was just the two of us, I want you to know that I do remember it and I will cherish it forever.

No comments: