Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Go Beach"

This is what Rowan said to me after breakfast this morning. So, who was I to say no? First we had Susan take some family pictures at the beach in hopes of possibly getting a photo for our Christmas cards. It was quite bright out so I was squinting and Rowan, as usual, did not want to look at the camera. But, I do think we got one shot where we were all at least looking in the same direction. Unfortunately pictures make my whole pregnancy weight gain quite obvious. After the photos we got ready and spent the rest of the morning at the beach playing in the waves and the sand. Then we ran around the pool deck for a while before heading in for lunch. Rowan was quite a stinker this morning, ignoring virutally every request made of her. I think she was making sure Lance would be okay leaving her for a week and a half.

After lunch, Lance had to head back to Charlotte. He has such a busy week getting ready for Monday's golf tournament and I know he's headed back to long work days. So, he'll miss us while we're playing on the beach and we'll miss him, too!

Rowan woke up from her nap in a much better mood. She had a great snack, played well with Lily and Ally and was even a bit cuddly before bed tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be 85 and sunny again, so at the beach we will be!

No comments: