Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our first week alone

Well, we made it through our first week without live-in help and we all survived. Rowan had a playdate with Cooper, I ventured to Target with both children, Steph and Annie came with dinner (thank you, Steph, and I LOVE your hair!), and we even made it to Ally's 1st birthday party. My mom did come for a brief visit on Friday and watch Rowan while Lance and I took Tate to his doctor's appointment. For the record, he is now 9 pounds, 9 ounces. It sounds rather large, but for a few days prior to the appointment, he was eating every 1-2 hours around the clock. I was certain he would be over 10 pounds with that kind of appetite.

The weekend has, once again, flown by. We took a drive through a few neighborhoods in Grandville and Zeeland and preferred them to Hudsonville, but still aren't so sure that we'll find exactly what we're looking for. Rowan was a trooper in the car (of course, she watched DVDs almost the entire time) and today it was nice enough out that, when we got home, I played outside with her drawing with sidewalk chalk and running around. Lance made us a little picnic to eat outside, too. Then I sent him to the grocery store and I'm home doing laundry and hanging out with sweet little Tate while Rowan naps. I'm getting so excited for spring and can't wait to spend more days outside.

No comments: