Monday, April 28, 2008

Recent Rowanisms, 2 month and 2 year Stats

Rowan's Rendition of the Alphabet Song-- "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY and Z. Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep."

Rowan's Personal Philosophy--"My mommy IS my mommy."

Some other interesting words of wisdom from Rowan--Anytime Rowan is more than 5 feet away from me, she will say "Mommy's so sad." Then she'll run up next to me and say "Mommy's happy now." Tonight Lance saw Rowan chewing on something and asked her what she was eating. She handed it to him and said "Finger bones". We're assuming that must mean finger nails. She says something that amazes us and something that cracks us up every day.

Now for the stats. After a not so fun-filled doctor appointment which included shots for both kids and an incident including Rowan grabbing the syringe and scraping the needle down her leg, I though it would be fun to compare the 2-month stats of my very different children.

Today Tate, at two-months, weighs 13 pounds, 5.5 ounces (90-95th %ile) and measures 22.75 inches (50th %ile). In comparison Rowan, at two months, weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 22 inches. That's 5 ounces larger than Tate at birth.

Rowan, at two years, is actually not as petite as she once was! I'd like to say that's due to a varied, healthy diet, but we're still kind of working on that one. She is now 24 pounds, 7 ounces (50th %ile) and 34.5 inches (75th %ile). How any child of mine and Lance's is above the average height I'll never know. I'd say she should enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yes, the height is mysterious! (Jemma, too, is in the 55th percentile for height in spite of her extreme runtiness) And I absolutely love Rowan's philosophy! So true, Rowan, so true . . .