Sunday, October 19, 2008

Make it Hot Pink, Please


Rowan's favorite color is hot pink. I'm not really sure when she decided hot pink was better than blue, but she did. So hot pink it is. When I ask her who her favorite character in a book is, she'll say "hot pink". When I ask her what flavor of ice cream she'd like, she'll say "hot pink". When I ask her what she wants to wear, of course it's "hot pink pants, hot pink shirt, hot pink socks..." And of course the hot pinks are all different shades. It's attractive.

So tonight I tried to make the hot pink work to get Rowan to eat her dinner. And it worked. I made a pineapple stir-fry with chicken and several colors of pepper, one of them being red (which in the right light can sort-of look like a shade of hot pink). She's never eaten a pepper before without spitting it out, but tonight, she went for it. She ate a whole bowl of the stir-fry. Even the chicken! I bought a pink banana squash at a veggie stand, so we'll see how that goes. I may not be above adding a drop of red food coloring to all meals so they look hot pink. I'm not big into the artificial colors, but maybe it's just what Rowan needs...

Friday we took Rowan and Tate downtown to a parade--I'm thinking it must have been for Byron Center homecoming. In any case, people threw candy at Rowan and she thought it was the best. Yesterday Lance and I enjoyed a much needed date night. Today we tried a new church--not one we'll be going back to. This whole idea of finding a church is no fun. Then we played outside and went to the park. A good weekend, but shorter than it should be. Tate is moving around quicker and is harder to keep up with! He eats more veggies than the rest of us combined and loves to be chased and tickled. He is such a giggler and it's so adorable. Now if he would just start sleeping through the night!

No comments: