Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cooling off in Michigan

Wow, it's been quite a while since my last post. Rowan and I are now in Michigan staying with Grandma and Aunt Michelle. After 2 days of 104 degree heat, it's nice to be in a place with highs in the 80's. Rowan did surprisingly well in the airports and on the planes. It is pretty labor-intensive trying to occupy her, but people around me all commented on her great behavior, so I can't complain. Not sure where I would be without stickers...

Rowan is having fun here. She has decided she wants to only walk down the stairs (no longer feels the need to be carried), so we have been doing lots of going up and down stairs. I actually was able to get a quick hair trim for the first time in way too long and I went out and bought some maternity tops for my sister-in-law, Thy. Still hoping to buy some flip-flops before Girls' Weekend as I didn't bring any and am lost without them.

Rowan also seems to be making the decision to speak--at least a little. Now in her vocabulary is: mama, dada, no, baa baa, moo moo, woof woof, ball, neigh neigh, bird (at least an attempt of it), bubbles, book, milk (sort of), more, down and bye-bye. I may be missing one or two, but I'm encouraged that she seems to be learning! She is currently loving "Ring Around the Rosie" and being chased around the yard. She also loves to swing in her swing but only if I swing next to her and hold her hand, which, of course, I think is absolutely adorable. She also loves swimming and bike rides--and, of course, books--just like her mommy.

I am getting so excited for the annual Girls' Weekend which starts tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit nervous about leaving Rowan for the first time, but I know she'll have fun with my mom. I can't imagine having a weekend for yummy food, manicures and adult conversation. So, so excited...

Lance is working on some projects at home while I'm gone. For some reason, he decided to rid our room of the ugly popcorn ceiling, but it's not going so well. Hopefully he'll be able to work that out and actually get the room painted well before I get home. I've really been enjoying real meals (that I didn't have to cook) and a few moments to shower while Rowan plays with my mom. Thanks, mom!

No comments: