Sunday, May 1, 2011

Why Waking Up Isn't So Hard to Do

Let's get one thing clear. I am not a morning person. At all. Clearly my days of "sleeping in" have been gone for some time, but I still haven't really adapted to waking up early. But when I am greeted by the happiest, sweetest 3-year-old boy ever, it makes waking up so much easier.

This was my morning...

6:30am--Tate wakes up, earlier than usual at a time when I usually say something like "It's not 7:00 yet. You can stay in your room and play and I'll get you when it's time." and then I try to go back to sleep, to no avail. But today, having been up since 5:30 when those pesky narcotics wore off, I walked in and climbed into his bed. The conversation went something like this:

Tate: Mommy, come cuddle with me. I just love you so, so, so much.
Me: Okay, bud, let me climb up (we assume cuddling position)
Tate: Mommy, you are the cutest mommy I ever seed.
Me: Thanks, Buddy. You are the sweetest 3-year-old I know.
Tate: But you are the best mommy ever. (Gives many many kisses)
(Kisses, hugs and cuddles continue. As do compliments upon compliments from Tate. "Mommy, I like your purple jammies. They are soft. Mommy, you are so pretty. Mommy, I had a dream about you last night. Mommy, you are so special. Mommy, I love you.") Then we have a "kissing party" where we give each other tons of kisses and sometimes I get lucky and he lets me kiss the cutest little belly ever.

This went on for a full 30 minutes. Seriously, this boy is going to be the best husband ever someday.

No comments: