Friday, April 29, 2011

My Mom is the Best!

Here I am, lying in bed, not even a full day after having my tonsils out. There is absolutely no way I would be running around with my kiddos after a night of no sleep, drugged up on narcotics. Since the doctor rescheduled at the last minute, there was no way Lance could miss work since it's alumni weekend and he's planning a reunion. So my mom arranged for care for Michelle and came to stay. I know lots of moms would do the same thing, but when my mom has to hire a caregiver for her own child just so she can take care of my kids, I think it's extra-amazing.

I also think it's pretty amazing that after my dad died, she just took over. She gets up early in the morning to snowblow or mow the lawn. She called the other day after chainsawing a tree that had come down in the storm! She'll be 70 this year! If I'm even half as hardy as she is at 70, I'll be pretty proud of myself.

So, with Mother's Day coming up, I was making her a photo card and realized I really don't have any good pictures of her with the kids. Or of our whole family. So I think I finally came up with the perfect Mother's Day gift---a photo session for our whole family. Mom, Michelle, Eric and Thy and their kids and our family. I'm guessing it will be better than a teapot or hanging basket or whatever it is she might ask for.

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

No comments: