Friday, May 27, 2011

Curly Top



When I was younger, I remember begging my mom to let me sleep in rollers. They were pink, sponge rollers that would poke me all night long and, if I managed to keep all of them in, would leave me with a head full of what we called back then "banana curls". Inevitably, however, one would fall out during the night leaving me with one long, sad, straight piece of hair a full 5 inches shorter than the rest of the curly 'do.

Somehow Rowan caught wind of the idea of rollers. A girl in her preschool had worn them to bed and came to school with curly hair. Well, Rowan just had to have them. She talked about them. She wrote them down on her birthday list. We would look in the aisle at Target for them, just to make sure they were still there.

Finally, at her birthday party, Lily and Layna included some rollers in her present. Pink sponge rollers that she could sleep in. So we tried them out. She loves it. She wants to wear them all the time. And we have, so far, avoided the one long, lanky clump of hair.

No comments: