Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day



Since Lance and I went out over the weekend for Valentine's Day (and had a fabulous time and spectaular food), we let the kids call the shots on the day of. So we had heart-shaped pumpkin pancakes for breakfast and went to QDoba for dinner, finishing up with chocolate covered strawberries at home for dessert.

During the day Rowan had a Valentine's party at school and both kids had a party with some church friends. Overall, a fun day with way too much candy.

I, of course, decided to make all of the cards (with a little "help" from Rowan). As usual, it took longer than I thought, though they were pretty cute sitting on the kitchen table. When Rowan came home with a bag half-full of pieces of the cards, I promptly went to Target and bought Valentines for next year, in an attempt to talk myself out of any sort of homemade nonsense next year.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Adorable valentines! Next year I am going to remember to do the "store bought" thing too.