Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tater Tot!


What a day! Lance and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our son, Tate Richard. He was born at 9:18am and weighed in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces. He is 20 inches long and is sweet and adorable (not that I am the least bit biased). It was a very long day, beginning right at midnight when my water broke. Strong contractions followed immediately and we anxiously awaited my mom's arrival so she could stay with Rowan while we went to the hospital. A much needed epidural came at 4:30 and I started pushing at 7:30. After about an hour of pushing, it was determined the baby's neck was twisted in a way that I couldn't get the baby out naturally, so we went in for a c-section. We're all tired and sore, but healthy, so it worked out fine.

Tate, I am so excited to have a little boy. I can't wait to play trucks and soccer with you and watch Rowan dress you up and make you play tea party at her pink table and chairs. You are everything we could have dreamed of and we already love you so much.

No comments: