Sunday, January 4, 2009

Year in Review

To sum it all up, 2008 was a year of change--and I'm not just talking about the Presidential race. We, in the Pellow household, had a baby and moved twice in just the first half of the year. Thankfully the second half was a bit more relaxing. Here is a month-by-month account of the major events in our lives:

January--We officially moved to Holland. Lance started his job at Hope. Our sweet nephew, Nathan, was born. Rowan moved into a "big girl" bed and learned her ABCs (singing them, recongnizing them and knowing which letters make each sound)

Febuary--TATE WAS BORN!!! Rowan learned to spell her name. Lance and I celebrated our 10th Valentine's Day together

March--A very snowy Easter, Tate's first smile, an accepted offer on our house in Charlotte

April--Rowan turned 2! A family trip to Charlotte to see friends and officially move out of our first home

May--lots of house hunting and my first Mother's Day with two children

June--Lance turns 31, we moved into our new house in Byron Center, Rowan's poop escapades that will haunt me the rest of the year begin

July--Tate rolled over, Lance and I celebrated our 8th anniversary with a trip to Chicago

August--Tate's first teeth, a much-needed break at the annual Girls' Weekend

September--Tate starts crawling, making life a bit more interesting.

October--I turn 31, the Livingston clan moves to Chicago

November--a few unseasonably warm days made for our last trip to the beach, Tate's first steps, a family trip to Chicago, Thanksgiving at my mom's

December--Tate officially walking, Rowan's first Christmas program, Christmas at my mom's, then at the Pellow's

Now that 2008 is over and 2009 is here, I have made a few resolutions. I'm not really big into resolutions, but there are a few things I really need to do. One is to read the Bible in a year. Since I'm a voracious reader, anyway, I thought it ridiculous, and even a little embarrassing that I haven't read the whole Bible. My other one will be a bit harder to keep up. That is to do a better job documenting my kids' lives. Somehow Christmas came and went and I took around 10 pictures. And no video. This means I missed out on Rowan singing "Rudu the red-nosed reindeer" with her handprint reindeer named Rudu and Olive. I also missed her singing to the Christmas tree and the ornaments. I missed Tate trying to rip open presents and Rowan "helping" every single person open their presents, I missed Tate and Nathan following each other around. Really, I always say I need to get better about this, so my New Year's resolution is to try. Hopefully this will mean I will blog more and maybe even write in my children's baby books!

No comments: