Saturday, January 28, 2012

What a Morning

This morning I woke up to a sweet little boy crawling into my bed to cuddle, showering me with kisses and saying "Mommy. I'm never going to marry anyone because I want to be with you forever." This was followed by a sleepy little girl crawling into bed to cuddle as well. And it was just after 8am. It can't get much better than that.

Later in the morning, Rowan got out her brand new Twinkle Toes light-up shoes and tied them herself! She was so proud of herself, she said "Don't you think we should call Grandma?"

Then we did some playing outside at the Winter Carnival at church--a treasure hunt on the trail complete with finding a real fox den and wagon rides behind a 4-wheeler because there isn't enough snow for snowmobiling (Did I mention we rode bikes yesterday? It's JANUARY, people!)

Lance is, of course, working, but will be home soon and I'm guessing we'll have an evening of going out to eat and playing games and reading in front of the fire.

That plus a great adult dinner with friends last night makes me a happy girl!


No comments: