Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Girl



While Rowan's birthday isn't actually until this Saturday, she celebrated at school last Thursday, what with spring break happening this week. Because all 3-year-olds who go to school all of 2.5 hours twice a week desperately need a break. (But I really get that the teachers do need that break.)

Needless to say, she was excited. She insisted I make pig cupcakes, which turned out surprisingly well, but took a bit of work. She wore the "Birthday Girl" shirt (which I was hoping might make it through two days, but is now too stained to wear on her actual birthday) She got to wear the birthday crown. The weather was gorgeous and she played outside at school and after school. She was pleased. I was pleased. What more could we ask for? Except a Leapster, which Rowan has informed me is what she would like for her birthday. But I'm pretty sure she's not getting it. So I'm hoping the actual birthday will not turn out to be too disappointing.

No comments: