Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tag...I'm It.

I have been tagged by Stephanie (dailydoublesteins.blogspot.com) in a game of blog tag. So, I now have to list 6 random things about myself and tag six other bloggers. Both of these things will be a bit difficult because my only blog readers know me pretty well and I don't know many other bloggers. I'll list my 6 things and choose the other bloggers later.

1. I eat ice cream almost every day. It's sweet. It's smooth. It's creamy. It's delicious. Sometimes in the winter, it is replaced by hot chocolate. But I occasionally put a scoop of ice cream in the hot chocolate. My favorite kind is Homemade brand Chocolate Chip ice cream. The last time I bought it, I ate the entire HALF-GALLON in a 24-hour period. I can no longer buy this kind of ice cream.

2. No blue foods, please. I'm not sure where this "blue raspberry" idea came from, but I have never seen a blue raspberry--especially not that neon blue. There is nothing at all natural about that color. No blue popsicles, slushies or kool-aid for me. Yes, the other colors are just as full of artificial dyes, but I just can't handle the blue. Other foods I don't like: mustard, Snickers, strawberry-flavored anything (but I love real strawberries), curry, Skittles.

3. I have no idea what I want to be when I "grow up". Though I hope to go back into the workforce someday, I don't know what I want to do. Most likely, I will slowly work on my Master's and go back to teaching someday. But, when I think about what I would have the most fun doing, I have all kinds of ideas. Part of me thinks it would be fun to be a lawyer, but I think I'd actually like law school more than the being a lawyer part. Part of me thinks I would love to be a radio DJ. How fun would it be to talk to random callers about funny stories all day, play good music and give away prizes? I think I'd love it. I'd be fine with going back to school to get a broadcasting degree. I wouldn't be fine with getting stuck with doing a terrible internship or a middle-of-the-night show. Part of me wants to join the Peace Corps and work all over the world--no mortgage, no car, etc. But, I don't think that's practical to do with young children who or with a husband who doesn't really share that dream. Any ideas of what I should do?

4. I'm always coming up with ideas that I later wish I would have patented. I used to write them down on a pad of paper kept in my glove box. Here are some things I invented way before they actually came out: Vitamin-enhanced juice drinks (I would certainly have done well on this one), premeasured laundry detergent in a capsule (perfect for dorm/laundromat situations), chocolate Cool Whip (I don't think this one did so well). Here are my current ideas: a "party pack" of soda that has 3 Sprites, 3 Diet Sprites, 3 Cokes and 3 Diet Cokes, because it's just too hard to know what to get when several people are coming over; a molded spoon that has a grip on it--sort-of like a pencil grip--with a space for the thumb and fingers so toddlers can learn to hold a spoon correctly. My 2-year-old is still clueless on how to do this. I'm always thinking of things but then I forget about them until I see them marketed years later.

5. Lance and I once tried to adopt a pet pig. We went to a pet fashion show at a club in Charlotte and there was a cute little pig there up for adoption. We were going to name him Vladimir. But, we were living in an apartment at the time and they did not allow exotic animals. It's probably a good thing because we're both fans of bacon.

6. My first car was a gray Ford Tempo named Legs. Legs was the best. I got her when I turned 16 and loved her much. Upon college graduation, I upgraded to a Dodge Intrepid and took Legs to my mom's who sold her for me. I told my mom she had to tell the new owner that the car is named Legs and, in order to buy the car, they would need to keep her name. The great part is my mom actually did it. She told the girl who bought the car that she needed to keep the car's name. I'd like to believe that Legs is still around, being driven around by a college kid, racking up parking tickets.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have never heard that story about a pig before. That's what you really need: two children, two dogs who poop Skittles all over your kitchen, and A PIG.

Ah, Legs.