Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!!




What a perfect night for trick-or-treating. Not overly cold. No rain. Still light out when we left the house. Lots of friends. Lots of fun. Lots of candy. An impromptu playdate with Lucy while I was lured in by the adult treat of hot spiced wine. My little Sleeping Beauty and Harley rider were adorable, remembering to say "thank you", hiding behind me if anyone scary walked by, happily eating their Skittles (Rowan) and Nerds (Tate) at the end of the night.

The next day Rowan said "So, we did our trick-or-treating yesterday, but Grandma is handing out candy at her house today." "Yes," I said, "our city did trick-or-treating a day early." "Sooooo," Rowan said, the wheels turning, "We could go to Grandma's today and go trick-or-treating!" It didn't happen. But I was pretty impressed she thought of it.

No comments: