Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's Cooking?

All winter long, Rowan and I have spent quite a bit of time cooking together. During Tate's morning nap, we tried to have some special time together, and what better than baking? Cookies, muffins, pancakes, raisin bars. Lots of stirring, mixing and tasting. So when I found a local cooking class for 2-4 year olds, I jumped at the chance to sign Rowan up.

Over the weeks she made pancakes, pizza, dirt pudding and "hamburgers and hot dogs" (which were really cookies sandwiched to look like hamburgers and bananas in a hot dog bun with peanut butter and jelly). She had to miss the last class and the field trip to Cold Stone (which, let's admit here, I'm sure I was more sad than she was about that one). They also had songs, parachute time, bubbles. She had a great time and, not surprisingly, won the messiest shirt contest. So, her 3rd birthday party will be a cooking party. This weekend, she will have 5 friends over to make pizzas and fruit parfaits, decorate chef hats and celebrate her birthday. So, the rest of this week, I'll be making aprons and placemats for the little kids and I'm actually really looking forward to this party!

No comments: